Whether it’s a car, motorcycle, boat, campervan or other vehicle, here are some helpful tips for transporting vehicles in Australia.
- Obtain your Quick Quote as a first step guide when considering moving your vehicle with PrixCar Transport. It’s an easy, obligation free, way of getting started.
- Do the maths on driving compared to transporting your vehicle with PrixCar Transport. You’ll be surprised how cost effective moving with us can be. The time you save, plus the often cheap airfares is money in your pocket.
- For business and leisure trips, do the maths on the benefit of having your own vehicle rather than a rental car at your destination. Some people just love their own 4WD, prestige bikes or sports cars so much they want to have them with them!
- Ask lots of questions before choosing a car carrier. PrixCar Transport welcomes your questions and we welcome the opportunity of showing you what makes the best car transport company in Australia.
- Give your vehicle a good clean before the trip. Not only will you find those lost CD’s, sunglasses and the sunscreen lotion, you’ll help us a lot by removing all loose items and any plant or animal matter. Important areas to check are the wiper wells and undercarriage of your vehicle as unfortunate little insects and seeds are a quarantine issue and must be removed. It takes time and extra cost if we need to do the cleaning.
- Two things to consider will be budget and convenience. Check with our Customer Relations Officer for Door to Door and Depot to Depot pricing (or a mix of the two) so we can tailor your move to meet your needs. If choosing a depot drop off or pickup, remember the option of public transport to get you home or to the airport. Grab your iPod, or newspaper and enjoy the ride.
- We prefer you to have the petrol tank ¼ full at the time of transporting.
If you’re transporting a motorcycle, you may find the following additional tips especially useful.
- Remove all personal, loose items and any dangerous goods from the bike.
- Empty any compartments.
- Wide mirrors should be folded back, lowered or removed.
- If the bike has side saddles or panniers that can’t be removed, ensure they are clean, empty and ready for inspection.
- Ensure the bike is clean and free of any plant or animal matter. Quarantine laws require inspection of all compartments so make sure there’s a key to any lockable areas. Delays are costly and your support is important.