We do our utmost to protect your vehicle, but it is worth preparing your car well to minimise the risk associated with transporting your vehicle.
Follow these steps when preparing your 4WD or light commercial for transportation.
What You’ll Need to Do
- The vehicle is completely empty. All personal and loose items have been removed from your vehicle, check compartments such as glove box, console, CD stacker, boot etc.
- Your vehicle is safe to transport i.e. has working brakes and handbrakes, seats, all glass in-tact, the body of the vehicle is in good condition, has 4 fully inflated tyres and will not pose a safety risk to either PrixCar staff or other road users.
- You have advised PrixCar if your vehicle has been fitted with an Alcohol Interlocking Device, and will provide PrixCar with a minimum of 20 new mouthpieces for vehicle transport.
- One spare tyre, factory tools and fitted baby seats are permitted as are disabled assistance items providing they are securely fastened
- The fuel tank is approximately 1/4 full.
- Any non-factory fitted alarm system has been disabled or deactivated, or that you have provided written instructions for the alarm system and the necessary keys for its use.
- PrixCar is notified of any modifications to the vehicle i.e. roof racks, bull bar, running boards fitted, if the vehicle has been lowered, spoilers fitted, height pack fitted etc. (We need to know for loading that the factory dimensions of the vehicle have not altered with the additions that you have had done to your vehicle.)
- Emergency beacon lights or large two-way type aerials that are fitted have been removed or lowered for transit.
- Spare fuel containers or domestic type LPG bottles have been removed.
- Any tool box is empty and accessible for Quarantine inspection processes.
- Canopies with canvas covers/fixtures are in a good condition and safe to transport, and will not tear or split in transit.
- You have read and fully understand PrixCar’s Vehicle Service Conditions in particular Clause 8. Our Warranty and Clause 9. Limitations and Exclusions on our Liability to You.
PrixCar Transport will take the following steps to ensure your vehicle as safe as possible.
- Before transporting your vehicle, our PrixCar representative will complete a Vehicle Transport Contract and Vehicle Condition Report with you. You will be required to sign these documents.
- Some towns and cities have restrictions for access by large vehicles, and/or have streets that cannot be accessed by larger trucks. If you’ve requested uplift from or delivery to such a location, PrixCar will make alternative mutually satisfactory arrangements with you for collection or delivery.
- If you or a person representing you (i.e. your “agent”) can’t be there at collection or delivery, let us know and we’ll make alternative arrangements.
By following these steps when preparing your car for transport, you can be confident that it will be looked after and protected during transport and minimise any delays to delivery.